Sunday, August 05, 2007

Rants and Realizations

My job is never boring, that's for certain. Check out what I got to drive a couple days ago back from Prince Albert. I guess they needed it for the parade so I got to do it.


It was fun for a while. The thrill wore off when I ended up missing lunch and supper, and leaving my car keys in one of the other ambulances so that I was stuck at base for an hour before my 12 hour night shift started. I was a bit on the grouchy side.


And "a bit" might be a strong understatement...

It doesn't take much to put me in a bad mood I've noticed. Like yesterday for example. Had plans to hang out with the roommate and of course they got cancelled because work told me to stay late. TOLD. There was no asking. Then they proceeded to tell me to stay even later to do some movie shoot standby. It might have been fun had I not been sleep deprived from the night before, and the fact that I had to wake up at 5:30 the next morning to go back to work, and when they told me to do it it was approaching midnight. I backed out, and someone else took it for me. Thank goodness. I don't think they would want me in public in the bad mood I was in. Probably wouldn't look so good for the company's public image.

But I have no right to complain. There are far worse things in life than having to work a lot, and that's a fate most people find themselves in anyways. So at least I'm not alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah!

Now I remember where I've seen that sort of vehicle: The Ghostbusters had a car like that.

...And, come to think of it, you somewhat resemble their secretary Janine in that one photo...

:S