Monday, February 19, 2007

Pictures!

Okay so I'm a little out of date for posting these, but oh well. And I would like to take this time to give a shout out to my good friend Erika. These are for you little buddy! (I realized when I was showing my pictures to my parents, that I took a lot of pictures of things that had huge long stories to them that they wouldn't understand. Then when I tried to explain it to them they just looked lost. Take for example, the cactus. Hahaha.)

This is a picture of my first night in Tokyo by myself, where I sat for two hours freezing, tired and starving, and too scared to talk to anyone, while I waited for the night bus to come and take me to Erika. Nearby there was a band playing with a keyboard, guitars, and even a trumpet and a saxaphone.



Walking to the church where Erika teaches English sometimes. The snow there was just soggy. Even their snow shovels have holes in them because there's so much water.



Shibuya: The busiest intersection in the world. This picture doesn't even do it justice.



Crepes! Drool... So amazing. Especially those ones in the picture, they had ice cream and bananas and chocolate and a whole bunch of other things I can't even remember.



An older part of Tokyo called Asuksa, where Erika and I went with Yoshiko.





Okonomiaki! (I think that's how it's spelt...) It means "As you like it." Basically you pick your ingredients and mix them all up with mayonaise and some other sauces and then you cook it like a pancake on a grill in the center of your table. I picked the one Erika's holding with the squid and shrimp and tentacles sticking out of it. I was in an adventurous mood. The woman in the second picture is Yuki (yet again I hope I spelt that right).





Candy festival in Odate. Would've been a lot more enjoyable if people weren't openly staring and pointing at us. Then some random guy who spat a lot when he talked, came up to us an announced loud enough for the entire world to hear that he: "SPOKE ENGLISH!" When we were posing for the picture below, I swear everyone in the vacinity was watching us.



Snow festival in Hirosaki. It was only -3 that day but we just about froze.



More of the snow festival. That's a castle in the background, it even had a moat and everything. Whoever put Heather on the tallest part of the bridge clearly wasn't thinking. I'm not even standing to my full height and I'm still just about blocking the castle! These are all of us who went, except Erika who is taking the picture.


From left to right: Me, Keiko, Fumiko, Haruki (I can neither say nor spell his name), Kaila, and Atsuko.

Phew. I finished. Well almost... this last one's just for fun.

3 comments:

travelling hobo said...

Yay, good pictures. I like them. Altho the squid and tentacles and stuff... ummm.. not so appealing.

p.s. you still need to do the tag thing.. and I will quite possibly bug you about it until you do...

Erika said...

Thanks for the pictures buddy! What a great way to start the day (I'm about ready to go teach another Wednesday...)
You even put the one in of the toilet paper!! How exciting.
It totally doesn't feel like you were here just last week. Weird.
See ya soon! (aka couple months, but that's soon for me)

Heather said...

Of course I put in the toilet paper! Man when I look at it it just kills me. All I can think about is: "Are you interested in whales?" BAhahaha. That class was so awkward. Hilarious. But awkward.

P.s. What tag thing Patti? this is the first I've heard of it.