Monday, June 04, 2007

I don't know how that speaker ended up in pieces. Honest.

Seven hours down. Just two more to go...
Need to stop watching the clock slowly tick in circles. I swear that last minute was the longest of my life.

I'm working nine hour shifts for five consecutive days this week at the Mitchell's meat packing plant, where if you're really lucky you get to give someone a bandaid or some aspirin. No such luck today. The only person I've seen in these past AGONIZING hours has been one gentleman who asked me for a pen. Woot. I suppose I shouldn't complain, after all I am getting paid very well to do nothing but play on a computer, read my book, and see how many sudoko puzzles I can complete. But for someone who finds joy and energy in being in the presence of friends, this week is really going to drag, seeing as everyone I know works days, and after all - who's going to want to hang out after midnight? Maybe I could "accidentally" wake up my roommates every night when I get home...

I have noticed some things - being in square room by yourself for this long will do that to you. Radio stations repeat songs A LOT. Not only that, but they repeat CRAPPY songs. If I hear Avril singing about how someone needs a new girlfriend one more time there's going to be a stereo shaped hole in the wall across from me. And also, that working in an all guy environment is very daunting. I ventured out of the health center to try and see a new patch of walls before I started rocking back and forth and singing to myself, and ran right into a posse of men who proceeded to stare as I walked by without saying anything. You'd swear they'd never seen a female before by their behaviour.

And lastly there is no sound more irritating to the mind than that of ceaseless, incessant dripping of water through a pipe. Trust me, I know. I've been hearing it for 425 minutes straight. No wait... now it's 426.

Twitch. Twitch.

4 comments:

travelling hobo said...

wow, sounds like your week is pretty much amazing. now i understand the comment about the room and alone ness slowly going crazy that you mentioned on facebook. you should just laugh a lot. use your computer to check out some good old miotch hedberg or dane cook on youtube... time well wasted my firend.

travelling hobo said...

and by miotch i mean mitch.

Anna said...

Those kinds of jobs are THE WORST! But just think of the opportunities: you could learn Spanish or how to cook Indian food. Or better yet! Bird calls! Then you can come out here and appreciate the birdies with me. Or just come out. Whatever.

Ryan said...

Heather,

Well it looks like you have some relief from the "Square Room"... it's my turn, but only two days. Then back to my best friend the transfer car. Hopefully its not odd that I came across your blog. So here is the story, I was so bored that I was just going through all the sites that people have been to on this computer and came across your blog, and was like hey I know her, and remembered I used to have a blog... last time I was on, was over a year ago. Anyway thats how I found it, I don't try to stalk you... or maybe I do??? Just Jokes. Anyway, very cool blog, I will talk to you later.

Ryan