Friday, June 01, 2007

I'm A Sausage. Eat Me.

I've decided I don't ever want to have children. I came to this conclusion after seeing a baby born at work. Blech. I will spare you the gory details.

In other news, I had my 21st Birthday a couple days ago and it was the best birthday I've ever had. It pretty much took up the whole weekend. On Saturday I woke up with someone banging on my window and opened my blind to see my sister waving at me. (She lives in Edmonton, that's why this was abnormal). Then we went over to my parents' house where my mom fed me full of killer french toast until I swore I was going to have to buy new jeans. I had to work that whole day sadly, but it was only a stand-by of races at bridge city so they came along and we waved at each other from across the track. About halfway through I took a desperate attempt to see them and bolted across the racetrack in between some of the races. Most terrifying experience ever. Plus once I was over there I was worried I wouldn't be able to get back to my partner and the ambulance.
Then on Sunday a couple friends took me out for a scavenger hunt (I met a nice German boy named Johannes). My one roommate kept telling me that she had tried to plan a party but no one was able to make it. I thought this was odd, but smothered my disappointment and tried to be understanding. Then we came back to our place to hang out when I noticed some familiar cars parked outside. Once we went in, sitting in our living room were about 15 people. It was amazing. We ate cake and played an intense game of cranium (which my team SHOULD have one because it was my Birthday).
Anyways, I am attempting to make you all jealous because your Birthdays weren't that good, and they'll never be that good, and I hope I succeeded. I think I won't need another party until I turn 50, this one will last that long.

3 comments:

Andrew Sorenson said...

Yay, You finally posted too.

As for your birthday being the coolest ever.... My birthday this year will be on July 7th 2007, which is of course 07/07/07. Which in itself, I think, makes it the coolest birthday ever (and ipso-facto that makes me the coolest as well =-)..)

So after that diatribe about birthdays I should get to the point.

Happy Birthday!!!; To the coolest person with good taste in music, who just happens to be an paramedic I know. Now that was convoluted.

travelling hobo said...

wow I am totally jealous! I feel like a total jerk! My life has been so crazy that I forgot it was your birthday! I am so sorry buddy! This in no way reflects my love for you. I am glad to hear it was amazing! Happy Belated b-day buddy.

Heather said...

Ok ok, I agree that having a birthday on 07/07/07 is pretty darn cool. You win this round Andrew.

And don't worry about it Patti, It's hard to remember when you don't live in the same city as someone.